Time for a move? Maximize your investment!
I will help you by researching the value of the home for proper pricing, providing tips on how to prepare your house for showings, and marketing the house to reach as many potential buyers as possible, especially other REALTORs®.
Determining the Value of Your Property
To provide proper research in analyzing the value of your home I will:
- Research the MLS database for recently sold houses in the neighborhood and their selling price.
- Compare other sold houses by location, style, age, size, and other features and adjust values accordingly.
- Search other similar unsold listings to see what the current competition on the market is.
- Check the county records, when appropriate, to discover other information of value regarding properties and neighborhoods.
Enhancing Curb Appeal
When prospective buyers approach your house the first 30 seconds will affect the entire transaction. You want to enhance your home's curb appeal as much as possible to capitalize on a positive first impression. Here are a few curb appeal Do's:
Trim bushes and remove overgrown or crowded landscaping.
Place seasonal flowers at the walkway or front door.
Touch-up exterior paint and make exterior cosmetic maintenance.
Remove yard clutter.
Prepare Your Home For Showings
Before you leave your house prior to a showing, you should take a few minutes to straighten up to make the best impression for prospective buyers. This checklist can help you remember to do the following:
- Pick up cluttered items from counters, floors, furniture and the yard.
- Clean up fingerprints on walls and windows, wipe counters and make sure the floors are clean.
- Check the temperature of your home. It should be comfortable and welcoming.
- Consider placing flowers in a vase in a room or two, turning on lights or setting the table.